Meet the winners of our 2023 Destination Lincolnshire Tourism Awards
250 people came together last night to celebrate the best of Lincolnshire’s £2.4bn visitor economy at the Destination Lincolnshire Tourism Awards 2023.
Organised by Stonebow Media, representatives from the 69 shortlisted businesses, dressed head to toe in their finest attire, congregated at The Engine Shed in Lincoln to find out who would be crowned the best in Lincolnshire.
Sponsored by East Lindsey District Council, North Kesteven District Council, Insight6, Visual Print and Design and Fizzco, the venue too looked dazzling thanks to the work of Fizzco; while Curious Theatre School opened the evening with an incredible performance that wowed guests.
The awards brought together the best of the best working within the visitor economy. Winners were decided in line with the VisitEngland judges’ criteria - spanning the tourism, hospitality, attractions, accommodation, and leisure sectors from across Greater Lincolnshire.
Hosted expertly by the wonderful Jane Boulton – a familiar face to many thanks to her time on ITV’s Airline - the night was a true celebration of the homegrown talent and immersive, inclusive experiences that await visitors to Greater Lincolnshire.
For the winners and finalists alike, the night was a chance to celebrate with colleagues, catch up with old friends, hatch future plans, and raise a glass to their successes.
Charlotte Goy, CEO of Destination Lincolnshire, added: “Last night’s Destination Lincolnshire Tourism Awards absolutely celebrated every aspect of the visitor economy that we are lucky to have here in our thriving county. An apt evening to champion all of the innovation, passion, dedication, resilience, and tenacity that we have seen from Lincolnshire businesses over the past few years. It was an absolute joy to meet all the finalists and see 2023’s winners named.
“Not only is this a priceless opportunity for these 14 businesses to fly the flag and champion Lincolnshire with their award win, but for 12 of our winners – and five of our Destination Lincolnshire Partners - this celebration also heralds the chance to achieve national recognition among industry peers.
“The VisitEngland Tourism Excellence Awards are designed to celebrate and demonstrate the quality of our country’s visitor offer – so, to see such a strong cohort of Lincolnshire businesses now heading to the first round of national judging fills me with pride. Last year saw both International Bomber Command and Healing Manor Hotel head to the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2023 final, which took place at Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour no less. Fingers crossed we see some of our regional winners at the 2024 VisitEngland Awards, to celebrate Lincolnshire’s offering once again on the national stage.”
Your Destination Lincolnshire Tourism Excellence Awards
winners for 2023, are:
- The Elm Tree (Hundleby, Spilsby) - B&B and Guest House of the Year
- Holivans Ltd (Mablethorpe) - Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park of the Year
- Uncle Henry’s Farm Shop, Butchery & Café (Grayingham, Gainsborough) - Ethical, Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Award (Destination Lincolnshire Partner)
- Lincolnshire Cookery School (Snelland, Lincoln) - Experience of the Year (Destination Lincolnshire Partner)
- William Cecil (Stamford) - Hotel of the Year
- Fantasy Island (Skegness) - Large Visitor Attraction
- Louth Distillery (Louth) - New Tourism Business Award (Destination Lincolnshire Partner)
- The Hope and Anchor Pub (South Ferriby) - Pub of the Year
- Treetop Hideaways (Woodhall Spa) - Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year
- Bransby Horses - Rescue & Welfare (Bransby, Lincoln) - Small Visitor Attraction (Destination Lincolnshire Partner)
- Winteringham Fields (Winteringham, Scunthorpe) - Taste of England (Taste Lincolnshire)
- V-ATE Automotive Smokehouse and Bowl - Katie Calder (Sutterton, Boston) - Unsung Hero Award (Destination Lincolnshire Partner)
- The Lincoln Tea and Coffee Ltd (Lincoln) - Customer Service Excellence Award (regional award only) (Destination Lincolnshire Partner)
- International Bomber Command Centre (Canwick, Lincoln) - Arts, Culture and Heritage (regional award only) (Destination Lincolnshire Partner)
Out of these 14 categories, 12 now go through to the VisitEngland 2024 Awards for Excellence - including five of our winning Destination Lincolnshire Partners. These 12 businesses will now have the opportunity to represent Lincolnshire nationally as their applications are automatically put forward for consideration by the national judges.
Dates for the national timeline remain undisclosed, but judging will commence once all UK regional award competitions have announced their winners in Spring 2024.
Katrina Burrill, Director at Stonebow Media and MyLocal, said: “We extend our heartfelt congratulations to all the winners and finalists of this year’s Destination Lincolnshire Tourism Awards. Your excellence and dedication are not just a testament to your hard work but also illuminate the vibrant and diverse tapestry of our local tourism industry.
“We are profoundly grateful to our sponsors, as these awards would not be possible without their generous support. A special mention must go to Curious Theatre School for their captivating entertainment and our wonderful host, Jane Boulton, who made the evening unforgettable. Here's to the brilliant individuals and establishments that make Lincolnshire a must-visit destination."
For more information about the awards, and previous year’s competitions, visit www.lincolnshiretourismawards.com and for more information about the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence visit https://www.visitbritain.org/business-advice/visitengland-awards-excellence