The Lincolnshire Gift Card is coming - are you ready to sign up?
Just in time for Christmas, if you're a Destination Lincolnshire partner join this countywide gift card for free!
Designed to offer residents and visitors alike a truly meaningful gift experience - one that they can tailor to their tastes and wishlist - the Lincolnshire Gift Card works to keep money in the county, supporting the visitor economy and recruitment agenda.
So, what is the Lincolnshire Gift Card?
The Lincolnshire Gift Card is run by us, Destination Lincolnshire. We're covering all the set up and operational costs for the project on your behalf so there is no extra cost to you to join.
The aim of the project is for you as a business to be able to offer a truly meaningful gift that keeps money in the county while supporting the local economy and jobs. The cards operate on the Mastercard system, so any businesses who accept Mastercard payments can accept it. It is simple to register and simple to accept.
Can I sign up?
Do you work or run a business operating within the visitor economy? Yes? Then yes!
We are breaking our gift card down into six core key categories so that all countywide businesses working within the visit economy can find themselves at home on the Lincolnshire Gift Card.
- Leisure and attractions
- Shopping - independent and national brands
- Food and drink
- Health and beauty
Why should I sign up?
There are plenty of reasons that we could spout to try to encourage you to be a part of the Lincolnshire Gift Card. but, in these cases, numbers speak louder than words.
- Add an extra revenue stream - 42.6% of gift card recipients made a one-off purchase at a new brand via a gift card and 21.7% said they had become a regular customer.
- £0 - it's free - that's no extra cost to your business to accept the card.
- It's easy as 1, 2, 3 to join - it takes just a few minutes to join the programme.
- Increase footfall - research shows 15% of gift card recipients are new customers and 65% spend over and above the value of their gift card.
- Free promotion - for your business on the gift card website and ongoing marketing of the card by Town and City Gift Cards as well as us, with free assets available for you to promote directly to your customers.
- Positivity - we all need it at the minute, and being a part of the gift card elicits positive sentiment from customers because it makes them part of a programme designed to support local businesses and jobs.
How do I sign up?
Registration takes moments. Literally. Do it yourself here or get in touch with our team. They will call in and carry out a test transaction in store, while you sign a short form confirming your participation and within a few days you will be able to accept the Lincolnshire Gift Card. The transaction appears as a Mastercard transaction on the till roll.
You will receive a confirmation email with support materials with more detail about the gift card, digital content to promote the card and for staff training, as well as promotional materials such as a “Lincolnshire Gift Card Accepted Here” sticker. Your business details will also appear on the Visit Lincoln website in a feature showing customers where they can spend their card.